A Special Gift
Designed by CREATE YOUR STYLE
For product information, see Sources of Supply on p. 93.
Dimensions: small box: 13/16 in. square x 27/16 in. high; large box: 15/8 in. square x 27/8 in. high
Beads are added following the order on the chart:
About Straight-Edge Right-Angle Weave (RAW)
To create the box shapes, the rows are worked until they fit around the box form and the empty areas are stitched in. The tops and bottoms are then worked on the diagonal using standard RAW and are stitched to each of the sides.
Let’s Get Started!
Stitch the RAW covering with Crystals
2. Begin the next row (beads #1, 2, and 3 in the diagram) and work back 9  units. Add 3 beads to make one new RAW unit (beads #20, 21, 22). This is an Increase A side. Thread back through all 3 new beads and exit from the first top bead (#22 in the diagram).
3. Make a new 3-bead RAW unit, starting a new row (beads #1, 2, and 3). Thread through A, 1, 2 and 3. Add 3 more beads to make another new unit, and thread through beads 3, 4, 5, 6, 3, A, and 1. This is an Increase B row.
4. Continue in standard RAW, adding 2 beads per unit, 8  times. Position thread as you did in Step 1 for a Decrease side.
5. Repeat Steps 2–4 until you have 42 (45) beads on the straight side and your work almost fits around the clear box.
6. From this point on, you will connect the end and beginning sides to create a tube shape. To follow the diagram, the new beads are numbered and the existing beads are lettered: capital letters on the End Side and lowercase letters on the Beginning Side. Position your thread as if you are going to begin a new row of a decrease side. Use the following chart and diagram to add the new beads and connect the two sides.
Creating the Top and Bottom Sides
2. In the following diagram and chart, the beads on the sides of the form will be marked with the alphabet (uppercase on the right and lowercase on the left) and the new beads added to the top of the form will be numbered. (See note below chart about even and odd numbers of rows on the larger box.)
Wrap the Present
Diane Whiting is an original CREATE YOUR STYLE Ambassador who has been designing and teaching for more than 10 years. Her crystal purses have won numerous awards, including first place in Swarovski's CREATE YOUR STYLE 2006 Design Contest. Contact Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook at facebook.com/pages/Diane-Whiting-Designs.